Worc at Play: Actor Training and Professional Performance for Greater-Worcester Residents 18+A new initiative of The Hanover Theatre and Conservatory for the Performing Arts, The Hanover Theatre Repertory (THT Rep) has launched Worc at Play: a no-cost Shakespeare training and performance program for residents of Greater-Worcester ages 18+, offered in partnership with The Hanover Theatre Conservatory.
Worc at Play endeavors to cultivate aspiring adult actors of all skill levels, including absolute beginners. Ideal Worc at Play candidates are:
• Residents of greater Worcester
• Diverse in age, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, gender, sexual orientation, immigrant status and lived experience
• Age 18 or older
• Not affiliated with or a member of Actors’ Equity Association
• Comfortable speaking and reading English as a first, second or subsequent language -- accents welcome
• Disciplined, rigorous, reliable and joyful
The first Worc at Play class has been selected, and will perform in THT Rep's upcoming summer production of Julius Caesar. Please be on the lookout for future Worc at Play opportunities.