Last updated: October 18, 2021
Your Safety Takes Center Stage
We are excited about the return to live theatre and are eager to welcome you back through our doors! We care deeply about the well-being and safety of our audiences, artists and staff, and have been closely monitoring the evolving CDC guidance on COVID and its impact on our local community. For the safety and comfort of all who attend our shows, we implemented the following protocols:
- Face coverings MUST be worn at all times in all areas of the theatre, regardless of vaccination status.
- All patrons ages 12 and over MUST present either proof of full vaccination or negative COVID-19 test in order to enter the theatre. When accompanying a vaccinated adult, children under 12 are allowed to enter. When accompanying an unvaccinated adult, children 12 and under must present proof of negative COVID-19 test to enter. Information will be checked against a valid photo ID prior to entry.
- Please plan ahead, please arrive 45-60 minutes prior to show time to allow time for vax/test screening as well as ticket scanning. In order to facilitate the flow of patrons into the theatre we recommend that you have your digital tickets printed or downloaded and ready to be presented upon entry.
Proof of vaccination can be easily provided by one of these methods:
- Showing your physical vaccination card or a photo of your card
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated or to verify your vaccination for any reason, proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test within 72 hours or antigen test within 24 hours of the show that you are attending) is required and can be provided by showing a photo or email of negative test results from a clinic, testing center, medical professional or a time-stamped photo of an at-home test.
If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting vaccinated at one the many Massachusetts vaccination sites listed here.
Refund Policy: During this time, if you are unable to comply with our safety protocols, we are willing to refund tickets prior to the show or on the day of the performance. Unfortunately, tickets can not be refunded after the performance.
We will continue to evaluate and update these policies as the situation evolves and post the most up-to-date information on our health and safety policies and season shows on this page.
If you already have tickets or a subscription with us for this season, your tickets are secure. We are holding your seats for all of your upcoming shows.
We have undertaken the following measures to ensure your health and safety:
All public facing staff and volunteers of The Hanover Theatre are fully vaccinated.
We have completed a full cleaning and disinfecting of all HVAC units, and installed CDC-recommended MERV-13 filters.
We have implemented strict cleaning protocols, focused on high-touch surfaces in particular.
Digital ticketing and ticket scanning have been implemented for all performances.
- All staff and visitors will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the theatre; hand sanitizer is available at multiple locations in all public spaces.
- Concessions sales procedures have been revised to reduce or eliminate physical contact.
If you are visiting The Hanover Theatre and Conservatory administrative offices, please be sure to confirm your appointment in advance for entry.
The safety protocols for The Hanover Theatre Conservatory can be found here.
Please check this page prior to your visit for the latest information. We will continue to communicate the details regarding our protocols as we get closer to the theatre’s reopening. The health and safety of our subscribers, ticket holders, students, staff, volunteers, artists and community is our top priority.
Rest assured, all decisions regarding the necessary protocols and policies for the health and safety of our audiences will be guided by medical and public health advice and will comply with current MA state regulations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is a CDC-approved mask?
A list of CDC-approved masks is available here.
Will printed programs be available?
Yes, there will be printed programs available for patrons for Broadway and some holiday shows, as well as a digital program that can be easily accessed on our website for particular shows.
Will the performers wear masks on stage?
The actors will not wear masks while on stage during the performance. Otherwise, masks are required of everyone at all times throughout the building.
What is the easiest way to show proof of vaccination for entry?
Patrons can show their vaccination card or a photo of their card. Information will be checked against a valid photo ID prior to entry.
What happens if a patron comes to the theatre but doesn’t have proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test?
Patrons who are not able to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test at the door will not be permitted to enter The Hanover Theatre.
Thank you in advance for your help in keeping everyone safe at the theatre.