Last updated: July 15, 2021
Your Safety Takes Center StageWe can’t wait until we are all back together again at The Hanover Theatre, enjoying another fantastic line-up of entertainment, Broadway tours and annual favorites on our stage! Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us. The last year has proven how much we value shared experiences and human connection in our lives, and Governor Baker’s announcement to end the state of emergency in Massachusetts on June 15, 2021 reassures us that we are on track for a full reopening of our theatre this fall.
If you already have tickets or a subscription with us for this season, your tickets are secure. We are holding your seats for all of your upcoming shows. We will ensure maximum flexibility when it’s time to return to the theater.
We have undertaken the following measures to ensure your health and safety:
As of July 19, 2021 all public facing staff and volunteers of The Hanover Theatre are fully vaccinated.
- We have completed a full cleaning and disinfecting of all HVAC units, and installed CDC-recommended HEPA-13 filters
- We have implemented strict cleaning protocols, focused on high-touch surfaces in particular
- Digital ticketing and ticket scanning have been implemented for all performances
- All staff and visitors will be asked to verify upon entering the theatre that they have not traveled abroad, that they have not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19, and that they are not experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
- All staff and visitors will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the theatre; hand sanitizer is available at multiple locations in all public spaces
- Concessions sales procedures have been revised to reduce or eliminate physical contact
- We will follow our industry’s best practices for requiring face coverings (see below)
Performances after July 19, 2021 will be fully seated. Most of our visiting productions currently require that audiences be fully masked; however the landscape is changing quickly and this requirement may well change before your event.
We will make additional adjustments as required by incoming shows and touring productions, and changes will be communicated to ticket holders and other guests. Please allow extra time for your arrival as we welcome you back safely into the theatre again.
If you are visiting The Hanover Theatre and Conservatory administrative offices, please be sure to confirm your appointment in advance for entry.
The safety protocols for The Hanover Theatre Conservatory can be found here.
Please check this page prior to your visit for the latest information. We will continue to communicate the details regarding our protocols as we get closer to the theatre’s reopening. The health and safety of our subscribers, ticket holders, students, staff, volunteers, artists and community is our top priority.
Rest assured, all decisions regarding the necessary protocols and policies for the health and safety of our audiences will be guided by medical and public health advice and will comply with current MA state regulations.