- Support Us
- Theatre District Campaign
- Access to the Arts
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Corporate Sponsors
- Advertising Opportunities
- Matching Gifts
- Planned Giving
- Volunteer Overview
- Wurlitzer Fund
Consider the future of generations to come by leaving a lasting legacy. You can leave a gift to The Hanover Theatre that ensures world-class performing arts for future generations with a bequest or life income gift.
Join the 1926 Society. Leave a Legacy.
Foster a love and appreciation for the performing arts in audiences of today and tomorrow by becoming a member of the 1926 Society, The Hanover Theatre’s legacy giving society. Leave a bequest or life income gift to the theatre that ensures world-class performing arts for generations to come. The Hanover Theatre established the 1926 Society Fund, an endowment fund at the Greater Worcester Community Foundation, to accept current and bequest gifts to assure ongoing revenue for the theatre. Although individual bequests can be made directly to the theatre, the Greater Worcester Community Foundation is uniquely able to assist with endowment gifts such as charitable gift annuities.
The Hanover Theatre’s 1926 Society Fund is named for the year the original Poli Palace Theatre opened to the public. Donors to the 1926 Society Fund will automatically become members of the 1926 Society, The Hanover Theatre’s legacy society.
Pictured: Bruce Hager, 1926 Society founding member
- Securities The best stocks to donate during your lifetime are those that have significantly increased in value because by gifting them you will receive IRS gift credit for the current value of the stock and you will avoid capital gains tax on the appreciated portion. If you wish to keep the stock in your portfolio you can gift our organization the stock and then purchase the same stock through your broker. You will have received the same income tax deduction but will have a new higher basis in the stock.
- Bequests By including The Hanover Theatre in your will, you can associate yourself in perpetuity with this premier cultural organization and ensure that it continues to serve the community for years to come. You may make a bequest to The Hanover Theatre simply by adding a codicil to your present will. This should be done with the advice of your attorney.
Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs) are gift arrangements that enable donors to contribute to the theatre while providing financial support for themselves or others. A flexible gift instrument, a CRT enables a donor to:
1.Claim a charitable tax deduction in the year the gift is made.
2.Retain an income stream from the gift for themselves or others.
3.Remove those assets from their taxable estates, and ultimately leave a substantial gift to charity.
4.Avoid capital gains taxes on appreciated assets donated to the trust.
- Retirement Plan Assets If retirement account assets are left to anyone other than a spouse, they may be subject to very high taxation. By designating The Hanover Theatre the recipient of benefits remaining in your retirement plan, or by using them during your lifetime to support a charitable gift, you may reduce the taxes that would be imposed on those assets that have grown tax-free, while accomplishing more with your other assets.
Click here to view more info on the 1926 Society.
For more information about planned giving opportunities contact Nel Lazour, director of development, at 508.471.1770 or email@example.com.